Social Icons

Monday, July 9, 2012

[16] Guild Wars 2 Builds - Warrior: Longbow/Rifle "Range Commander" |PVE

By: RenDevilRun (Updated 7/9/2012)





Hello all! Ren here. This is my first of hopefully many builds in the future know that I will be playing for a long time to come. Well, here is my first crack at describing a build as I'll use Soul Step's template. I might not be as descriptive as he is, but I'll put some general thoughts in here and there.

This is a ranged warrior build. Pure ranged for a warrior? That's something Guild Wars 2 will be good at. Break the boundary of what's expected a certain class to be. 

Weapon Set:
Primary: Rifle
Secondary: Long Bow

Healing, Utility, Elite Skills:
Healing:
(6) Mending - I like the removal of the conditions

Utility: 
I chose to use Shout skills because they're still useful at long range and it makes you feel like a commander
(7) "For Great Justice!"
(8) "Shake It Off!"
(9) "I Will Avenge You!"

Elite: 
(0) Battle Standard - A nice skill to have in group settings. Drop it down when a fight gets sticky.

Traits: 10/30/0/30/0
Strength: 
(II) Restorative Strength - Used with Mending making it more effective for condition removal

Arms
Maxed out this trait line for the rifle traits. From experience, a lot of ranged weapons need high precision to be effective.
(VI) Furious - chance to build up your adrenaline faster
(VII) Gun Mastery
(XI) Sniper

Tactics:
Maxed out this trait line to make the Shout skills more effective
(IV) Stronger Bowstrings - for your long bow
(VIII) Lung Capacity
(XII) Vigorous Shouts


No comments:

Post a Comment