Social Icons

Saturday, August 4, 2012

[47] Guild Wars 2 Build - Necromancer: Scepter/Focus & Staff (Minion Master) |PVE

By: teaandbickies (Updated 8/4/2012)







.: Necromancer Build :.
Main Weapon: Scepter and Focus
Alt. Weapon: Staff
.: Utility Skills :.
Summon Blood Fiend
  • Summon a blood fiend that transfers health to you on each attack.
Summon Bone Minions
  • Summon two bone minions.
Summon Shadow Fiend
  • Summon a shadow fiend to attack foes.
Signet of Undeath
  • Passive: Generates life force while in combat.
  • Active: Revive up to three downed allies in the target area.
Lich Form
  • Assume the form of a lich for a brief time.
.: Traits :.
Spite – 5 points
Attribute Bonuses:  +50 Power, +5% Condition Duration
Adept
Minor Trait: Parasitic Bond
  • Gain health whenever you kill something.
Curses – 10 points
Attribute Bonuses: +100 Precision, +100 Condition Damage
Adept
Minor Trait: Barbed Precision
  • Critical hits cause bleeding.
Major Trait: Hemophilia (II)
  • 20% increased bleeding duration.
Death Magic – 30 points
Attribute Bonuses: +300 Toughness, +30% Boon Duration
Adept
Minor Trait: Reanimator
  • Chance to summon a Jagged Horror whenever you kill an enemy.
Major Trait: Minion Master (III)
  • Minion recharges are reduced by 20%.
Master
Minor Trait: Protection of the Horde
  • Gain +20 Toughness for each minion under your control.
Major Trait: Fateful Marks (VIII)
  • Marks are unblockable.
Grandmaster
Minor Trait: Deadly Strength
  • 10% of toughness is given as a bonus to power.
Major Trait: Death Nova (XI)
  • Whenever a minion dies, it explodes in a cloud of poison.
Blood Magic – 20 points
Attribute Bonuses: +200 Vitality, +200 Healing Power
Adept
Minor Trait: Full of Life
  • Gain 5 seconds of regeneration when your health reaches 90% (30-second cooldown).
Major Trait: Mark of Evasion (III)
  • Leave a Mark of Blood when you dodge.
Master
Minor Trait: Vampiric
  • Siphon health whenever you hit an enemy.
Major Trait: Vampiric Master (VII)
  • Minions siphon health and transfer it to you.
Soul Reaping – 5 points
Attribute Bonuses: +5 Critical Damage, +5% Hunger (Life Force Pool Size)
Adept
Minor Trait: Gluttony
  • Life force fills faster.
.: Commentary :.
I love my minions.  With my necromancer, I always have a bountiful amount of them available at my will, so making them more powerful and useful was essential.  Having the additional abilities to siphon health whenever I kill a foe or having my minions do it for me, on the other hand, is also very useful.  It both heals me and helps to deal damage to foes, so it merges both offense AND defense together.  >W<
In terms of stats, I wanted to make sure my toughness and health were increased to give me more survivability.  Although I have two health bars as a necromancer per say, some more defense and health wouldn’t hurt.  Also, I primarily use a staff and a scepter/focus combination of weapons, so I typically focus more so on applying conditions to foes than trying to damage them (especially with the latter weapon set).  Thus, adding more stats to increase condition damage was important as well.
Using a staff also equals a bountiful amount of marks for me to cast, so that’s why I made sure to add the trait that would make them unblockable.  Sorry foes, but it looks like you’re going to get a lot of conditions if you step on my marks.

1 comment:

  1. Nice build, i like it. It's the essence of a Minon Master form Guild Wars 1 with al litle conditon bonus ^^

    ReplyDelete