Social Icons

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Some Things Regarding My Build Guides

By: Soul Step (Akibimi)


I had a couple of friends look over my build guides and over all got positive feedback. They did make some points I that I would like to talk about real quick.

1: Not much detail on Weapon skills - The thing is that weapon skills are set. They're only interchangeable when you actually switch to a different weapon set. With that sense, someone looking at builds will already have some knowledge of what the skills are and how they work. In my opinion, talking about it is simply repetitive.

Also the builds I have posted so far, the traits benefit skills overall or a certain weapon set and not individual skills within the weapon set. If the trait effected certain type of skills, like signets, glyphs, cantrips, etc, I do talk about it. Some builds I am working on at the moment, the chosen traits are for certain skills within the weapon set and you'll see me go into detail about them.

2: How I figure out how to PVE level 1 to 80? - Well at the moment it's really theorycraft. I don't know of the content beyond that was already given to us in the betas. I do know the Elementalist profession enough where I can say how I'll be leveling it up.

You can always do trait resets, which I probably will be doing occasionally. That will depend on what kind of play style I want use at that current moment. And most builds I post will be PVP and WvWvW based, because Guild Wars 2 is PVP based and we haven't had enough PVE contest to make clear cut builds.

3: Will you let others posts their builds here too? - Of course if they want to. You can also use any builder as well. I just use GW2Builds because the interface is simple and all the skills and traits are on one page/tab. Plus it's connected through Google which is convenient as I have to log on once on Chrome browser (meaning, when I log into my G-mail, I'm also logged into Blogger and GW2Builds).

4: Not much details on Minor Traits - The thing with minor traits are that they are set. The only time I would find myself talking about them is when choosing to stop putting points in a trait line up to that minor trait. However, most of the time, a build is most valuable when it can use its max possible Major traits (7).

5: Updates on builds - The hard part of when skills are changed and updated, I would have to go and update the screen shots (as this is the method I'm using at the moment). When I do have a lot of free time, I'll play with the codes and link so I can interface with the build sites.

6: Themes - It's fun to theorycraft a build to represent a certain figure or type of character. I do though, try to make it viable for actual game play.

I know this game is still in the beta stage, but being able to theorycraft and talk to other people about it just makes it more exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment